- Managing Editor, University of Central Florida Foundation (current)
- Executive Editor, University of Arkansas - Fort Smith (2009-13)
- Executive Director, Outdoor Writers Association of California (2007-10)
- Independent outdoor writer and photographer (2005-10)
- Editor, FishRap (2005)
- Editor, Pacific Coast Sportfishing (2003-05)
- Reporter, The Log newspaper (2001-03)
- Hundreds of features, briefs, and photos in Saltwater Sportsman, Sport Fishing, Pacific Coast Sportfishing, BoatU.S. Trailering, Southwest Fly Fishing, California Game & Fish, and many others.
- Monthly boat handling column in Go Boating (now Boating World) and monthly fishing column in Sea.
- Copy for a wide variety of print and online promotional projects.
- Wrote and published The Angler's Guide to Trailer Boating Baja.
- Freelance Journalist of the Year 2008 from The Outdoor Writers Association of California
- Numerous awards for features, columns, books, and photos, including, in 2009 alone, First Place Newspaper Feature, First Place Feature Photo, Second Place Series of Photos, Second Place Guidebook, and Third Place Action Photo awards from OWAC
- Craft awards from Boating Writers International (2009) and the Outdoor Writers Association of America in the Boating Safety category (2005).
- Outdoor Writer of the Year 2003 from OWAC.